On January 4, 2013, the Office of Management and Budget approved the new version of the Coast Guard forms used to apply for a Merchant Mariner Credential:
- 719B Application
- 719K Medical Evaluation
- 719KE Evaluation of Fitness for Entry Level Ratings
- 719S Small Vessel Sea Service
- 719P Periodic Drug Testing
The data collected on the updated forms is nearly identical to the previous series of forms; however, several of these forms have undergone significant format revision. The new expiration date of these forms is January 31, 2016.
Implementation of these forms will commence on or about January 28, 2013. The Coast Guard will not stock the updated CG-719 series forms in paper format. These forms will be availableelectronically in a PDF fill-able format at the National Maritime Center’s website http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/.
The Coast Guard has authorized a transition period that will provide mariners the flexibility to apply for a credential using the old and/or new forms as everyone adapts to the new formats. The table below outlines the implementation policy for the new versions of the forms.
Form Implementation Policy
- CG-719B Applications dated after April 30, 2013 must be on the new form.
- CG-719K Physicals signed by a physician after April 30, 2013 must be on the new form.
- CG-719KE Physicals signed by a physician after April 30, 2013 must be on the new form.
- CG-719P Drug tests collected and submitted after April 30, 2013 must be on the new form.
- CG-719S Small Vessel Sea Service commenced after April 30, 2013 must be on the new form.