The South Atlantic Fishery Management Council (SAFMC) will hold the AP meetings in North Charleston, SC.
The meetings will be held from 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 until 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2013.
ADDRESSES: The meetings will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn, 5265
International Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29418; telephone: (800)
445-8667 or (843) 308-9330; fax: (843) 308-9331.
Council address: South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, 4055
Faber Place Drive, Suite 201, N. Charleston, SC 29405.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Kim Iverson, Public Information
Officer, SAFMC; telephone: (843) 571-4366 or toll free: (866) SAFMC-10;
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: The items of discussion in the individual
meeting agendas are as follows:
Habitat AP Agenda, Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
1. Review draft Essential Fish Habitat (EFH) policy statements.
2. Review status of developing a state of the South Atlantic
3. Receive an update on regional ecosystem coordination and South
Atlantic Habitat and Ecosystem Atlas/Digital Dashboard.
4. Receive a project/permit update from NOAA Fisheries Habitat
Coral AP Agenda, Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 1 p.m. Until 5 p.m.
1. Receive an update from NOAA Fisheries Habitat Conservation
2. Receive an update on Coral Nursery Restoration Work and
3. Receive an update on the status of the Endangered Species Act
(ESA) listing of coral species.
4. Review Coral AP recommendations in Coral Amendment 8, pertaining
to Coral Habitat Areas of Particular Concern (HAPCs) and transit
through the Oculina HAPC.
5. Proceed with the election of a vice-chair for the AP.
Joint Habitat & Environmental Protection AP and Coral AP Agenda,
Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 8:30 a.m. Until 12 p.m.
1. Receive an update on Vessel Monitoring Systems (VMS) data.
2. Review Coral Amendment 8 and recommendations for protecting
deepwater habitat complexes associated with extension proposals for
Deepwater Shrimp AP Agenda, Thursday, May 9, 2013, 9 a.m. Until 5 p.m.
1. Receive and discuss Coral Amendment 8, including a review of
spatial information on habitat mapping and fishery activity for the
modified Coral HAPC area alternatives.
2. Receive a presentation on VMS functionality from NMFS Office of
Although non-emergency issues not contained in this agenda may come
before this group for discussion, those issues may not be the subject
of formal action during these meetings. Action will be restricted to
those issues specifically identified in this notice and any issues
arising after publication of this notice that require emergency action
under section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and
Management Act, provided the public has been notified of the Council's
intent to take final action to address the emergency.