The Western Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) will hold the 48th meeting of its Fishery Data Coordinating Committee (FDCC) to review the progress of data collection improvements, identifying the next steps in data improvements, changes in the FDCC structure, operation, and membership.
DATES: The 48th FDCC meeting will be held on May 9, 2012
For Agenda and more information
ADDRESSES: The 48th FDCC meeting will be held at the Council office, 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1400, Honolulu, HI 96813; telephone: (808) 522-8220.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Kitty M. Simonds, Executive Director; telephone: (808) 522-8220.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Public comment periods will be provided. The order in which agenda items are addressed may change. The meetings will run as late as necessary to complete scheduled business.
Schedule and Agenda for the FDCC Meeting
May 9, 2012--8:30 p.m.-5 p.m.
1. Welcome remarks
3. Approval of agenda
4. Review of the 47th FDCC Action items
5. Status of FY 2012 WPacFIN Operations
A. Priorities and plans
6. Recent actions towards improving data collection: Findings and
7. Archipelagic Plan Team recommendations on data collection and
8. Omnibus proposal for improving the existing fishery data, data
collection, and fishery status reporting
9. Next steps on data collection improvement and enhancing FDCC
A. Follow up on the commitments expressed in the December workshop
B. Data collection improvement under the WPSAR framework
C. Enhancing FDCC--a proposal for change
10. Status of current budgets for data collection
A. Identification of other sources of funding
11. Other businesses
13. Next FDCC meeting schedule