Staff will provide information on the proposed action and Vessel Monitoring Systems (VMS) on commercial snapper grouper vessels
Amendment 30 to the Snapper Grouper Fishery Management Plan is being considered by the SAFMC and will be taken out to public hearing in April throughout the region. The amendment deals with a possible requirement for all vessels with a Commercial Federal Snapper Grouper Permit to be equipped with a Vessel Monitoring System (VMS).
- Why is this action being proposed?
- What is the purpose and need for this action?
- How will fishermen be affected?
- How does VMS operate and how will the data be used?
- How do fishermen provide input on this Amendment?
These questions and more will be answered during this LIVE Q&A Session via Webinar with Council staff scheduled for Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:00 p.m. To register for attendence click below